We are now starting the third day of the hackfest and some progresses have been made.
First of all, we have fixed small bugs that where hiding in the corners:
- The display on thumbnails was breaking the website with Django 1.3, this is fixed;
- The port number to access the GIS (Geographical Information System) is now a configuration parameter;
- We use right and left arrows, displayed in bigger size, to navigate in the Create map dialogue;
- We display a In progress icon when somebody is typing characters to look for a city name, giving a better feedback to the user on what the website is doing;
- The user can now navigate with the Nominatim results, with Next and Prev buttons;
- We display a message that explains why no Nominatim result has been found and how to fix it;
- Hide the right arrow when the paper size is loading in the Create map dialogue;
- When the same amenity appears several times in the same grid coordinate (e.g. several building of the same town hall), it appears only one in the index.
We have also started to work on small feature requests. Until now, we have implemented:
- The display, on both the website and the generated maps, of the most recent date at which the OSM data has been updated;
- The display of villages and hamlets in the index, a useful feature in rural areas.
We are also working on the set-up of a new world OSM database in a suitable format for this new version of MapOSMatic. That way, we hope to deploy this new MapOSMatic to the world before the end of this week.